Saturday, September 10, 2005

Audio Theater

Speaking of Henry Howard, check out this site. His tagline says he's the moderator of the audio theater digest. The site's full of links to audio theater groups around the country that are keeping alive the tradition of "theater for the mind." Some you'll find on the air, others only on the stage. Many will have recordings for sale. As I mentioned a long time ago at my former blogspot, I think there is an economic future for audio drama. Probably not on the air, as OTR was, but possibly on satellite radio and via recordings. I'm seeing more and more audiobooks that incorporate various actors, sound effects and music, as opposed to a single person reading the book straight. It's a long way from being any sort of a real industry, but I truly believe the potential is there, especially with the nation's increasing commuting time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home