Thursday, September 01, 2005

First Generation Radio Archives Update

First Generation Radio Archives, a group that cleans up old radio shows and sells them to group members, has dropped their annual $25 subscription fee. You still pay for copies of the shows, but there is no general fee above that. I don't belong to this group but dropping the subscription may encourage me to check them out. I admit to having heard mixed reviews of the organization and its leaders. I hope this change is not indicative of financial problems as they do seem to be providing a valuable service to the old-time radio community.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Blogger Mike Hobart said...

I've been a FGRA member for a year and have bought quite a lot of their stuff. The sound quality is admirable (you should hear Rosemary Clooney's songs) and I think the price is reasonable. It's particularly good if you prefer CDs to MP3.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Old Time Radio Researchers said...

Thanks for the pitch, Mike. I have heard nothing but good things about the quality of material this group releases.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home